Monday evening when we returned from Havasu my mom called me and told me that they had just received results back from the doctor's and he has prostate cancer. I was pretty much numbed by the announcement and didn't want to talk to anybody. I finally talked to my brother the next day and he really helped me put it into perspective. I love him for this. He is always the one that brings me back around and tells me that it will be O.K. Everything may not be okay, and we may loose my dad, but on that same line, everything will be okay. My dad has lived a full life and he will continue to do the things he enjoys and that thought gives me some comfort. Nothing changes the fact that that's my daddy and I'm not ready to loose him though.
Please keep my dad and mom in your prayers. Unfortunetly he's decided to undergo treatment in Arizona instead of at home (due to a rash of staff infections in Utah) and I won't be able to be with him as much as I want and all I can do is pray.
Sara--I love you for your understanding and shoulders. Together we will love our daddies and enjoy every minute!
These are the lyrics to what is probably my all-time favorite song!
I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer
And reachin' out to hold me, when I had a nightmare
You could read quite a story in the callous' and lines
Years of work and worry had left their mark behind
Verse 2
I remember daddy's hands how they held my mama tight
And patted my back for something done right
There are things that I'd forgotten that I loved about the man
But I'll always remember the love in daddy's hands
CHORUS
Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin'
Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong
Daddy's hands weren't always gentle but I've come to understand
There was always love in daddy's hands.
Verse 3
I remember daddy's hands workin' 'til they bled
Sacrificed unselfishly just to keep us all fed
If I could do things over, I'd live my life again
And never take for granted the love in daddy's hands

1 comment:
Hey There,
It was nice to hear from you! I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Certainly it sounds like you are having a difficult tme too. I will pray for your family! Love you guys too!
Jessika
Post a Comment