Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Good-Bye 2009!



Wow, it's hard to believe 2009 is already over.  I'm not sure where this year went, but I have a feeling I know why I don't know :)

We started the year off on a negative, yet positive note.  We closed the daycare in February, which allowed us to have surprisingly more family time together.  We found a new daycare/preschool that we noticed an immediate change and advancement in Bryan and Sara.  The new found time didn't last long.  Jeremy started working a second job in June, and we missed him tremendously until Eagle Finance (day job) ended the end of November.  But things are now calm and balanced, so it's all turned out OK.

Now for the good stuff:
Devin started 6th grade this year!  He's getting so old, and while the year started offf rough for him, he seems to be getting into the swing now.  Devin also accepted Christ and has asked to be baptized!  This won't happen until (a) he turns 12 (b) his dad gives him permission.  He is still excited to start baptism lessons, and has even started his own blog (http://growingupinchristshands.blogspot.com/). 
Cayden started 2nd grade, and even though I keep forgetting this fact he is a very patient 7 year old.  He is still a huge Star Wars fan, but has also found a liking for Star Trek & Tranformers.  He has started building with his Legos and is currently working on keeping enough clean space on his bedroom floor to be able to play with them.
Bryan started at a new Preschool and can officially write his entire alphabet (in order & in line), and can write any word you spell for him!  Pretty big for a 4 year old.  He also knows his numbers and is currently learning how to make double digit numbers.  He still loves his Hot Wheel and Monster Trucks as well as Backugan (which are pretty cool little dealies) and Transformers.  He is still a creature of habit and (he'll kill me for this when he's older) has finally overcome the bedwetting.  He will be getting a new mattress for accomplishing that.
Sara is getting SO BIG!  I can't believe my baby is 18 months old.  It's sad but satisfying.  She is at such a fun stage right now.  She started walking this year and learned her first words.  She has developed quite the interesting vocabulary: Ma (dad), MaMa, Da, drink, Twinkie (yes), treat, kiss, No and No (yes).  She also can make some animal sounds, anything that says RAAAR or, her favorite, a snake, SSSSSS.  Three boys and I have a beautiful hazel eyed little girl that loves snake, dinosaurs and cars.  Sighhhhh....  I believe the terrible twos are also beginning.  Man!  That girl can throw a TANTRUM!  anything from the "It's horrible!" covering face tantrum to a full on kicking, screaming, spinning around on the floor tantrum!  She also has "the pout"  my famous lower lip so far out it is inside out that I "taught Grandpa's horse"!  Yes, karma is coming back to haunt me!
Toby and Chica are a lovely, fun, crazy, obnoxious mess all rolled into one.  Chica was arrested and spent a weekend in doggy jail early this summer.  You'd think that would be a deterent to running off.  Nope, don't worry she still sneaks out of any small hole possible.  Toby's seizures have gotten a little more frequent, but they're not so frequent we are seeking additional treatments yet.
Jeremy and I celebrated our 8th anniversary this July.  I can't believe we've been together for nine years.  I don't know what I would do without him.  We paticipate in a FAITH Outreach with most of the church this summer.  It was a wonderful growing experience that taught me a lot and forced us to talk to people about Christ's love.  We also did two missions' teams on growing our relationship and also a class on gifts of the Holy Spirit. 

It's been one crazy year, and we are looking forward to 2010.  When I started writing this I was really down about all the hard stuff that went on, but as I continued I saw all of the wonderful things that are happening.  The Lord has blessed us with four beautiful children, a roof over our head, and enough money in the bank to pay the bills every month.  We have a wonderful church family that is there for us through thick and thin.  We have both grown in our relationships with God and I see little glimpses of our children learning about God's love and the sacrifice made by Christ for us.  I am so blessed and thank the Lord every day for what I have.  2010 will be great no matter what happens!

1 comment:

Ki said...

Very cool. This is the kinda post which typifies why blogs will always be better for real communication than facebook.

Not that there's anything wrong with facebook. I hope.

And a happy New Year!