Well Jeremy's 30th birthday was this week. He asked for a slightly more complicated cake, a Philadelphia Eagles Teddy Bear, so we decided to have a pot luck for his birthday today and I spent yesterday on his cake. It was my first foray into fondant and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. All in all it didn't take me much longer than any other cake I've done. So, since I was being adventurous I decided to go for broke. I made the coconut-pecan frosting from scratch, and kept on going. I also made lemonade from scratch, cream cheese jalapenos, and frog eye salad and brats for the first time. Just call me Sally! (Jeremy called me Betty :))
No laughing but scroll down to see my accomplishment!


I know this is a little behind. But here are Cayden & Bryan's cakes too.
Cayden's Birthday was January 22. This was his Yoda Cake. I kinda cheated and bought an edible picture. The frosting is actually vanilla!

Bryan's birthday was February 3 and he wanted a Black Spider Man. Wow, talk about hard! Black isn't the easiest color, it gets EVERYWHERE. I was successful in almost dropping it, but Grandpa saved the day & the cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment