Sunday, April 19, 2009

Snowboarding


28 years......That's how long I've lived in Utah and never strapped a board (or two) to my feet and slid down an icy mountain. So I ask you, what was I thinking when my dear husband asked me to take a day off work and go snowboarding with him. Well after 8 years I figurede I should go. So we went to Christy sports, rentad a snowboard to go with all my cute snowboarding gear I got for Christmas, and headed up the mountain. We were learning in our Bible Study about communication and how men communicate differently than women Good thing we'd just went over that lesson! Men are all about omitting the details. Jeremy's theory of the best way to teach me? Tell me how to stand up and then watch me go down the hill. After I'd fall he'd tell me what I did wrong! But I think I had fun.....I'm thinking I'll try skis next time. After the 5th time getting ran over by the lift I started thinking that the people on skis looked like they were having an easier time with it:).





My husband's so good at pictures! Don't I look like I've got this down!
And then......


In all reality this is how I spent most of the day. I've never broken a bone in my LIFE. But leave it to me....I twisted my tailbone. Yes, twisted. Don't ask, I don't know. But I'll be OK. Dr. Jim is working on straightening me back out!

No comments: